Re: [IRCA] Sweden 1179 best ever heard in IL tonite

On Saturday 16 September 2006 01:19, Neil Kazaross wrote:
> Very nice TA cx here, to put it mildly. Around 11 pm CDT tonite, Sweden was
> easily copiable for minutes at a time getting past WHAM in the 2.3 KHz
> filter aided by PBT. Last time I heard Swedish and Danish (1062 is in well)
> spoken this nicely I was in Denmark (just across the water from Sweden) in
> April.

Strangely enough, I've never had any luck with this one.  I did have some
audio on 1179 last night, but it appeared to be either Spain or Canary Is.
A whole lotta WHAM and no directional outdoor antenna = no Sweden.  The band
was certainly awash in TA hets here last night, but only audio on the usual
big guns, and nothing new logged.

The catch of the night for me was a domestic: CKCM-620 Grand Falls NL,
carrying the usual VOCM network feed.  New here, and much welcome.

> This 35 degree Phased BOG System kicks butt for TA's. Tomorrow, unless A
> and K indices go up, I am heading north to my DX paradise in Grafton WI
> where I can duplicate this setup with no noise wire wires about 100 -150
> feet longer and lake front.

All I can say is: Sigh.  :-)

Barry

--