Re: [IRCA] States DXed (Was: WSM transmitter off)

Re: [IRCA] States DXed (Was: WSM transmitter off)

Willis,

When I lived in Seward AK, there were only 18 stations in the whole
state. So hardly any QRM. It was wide open. Anything would pop in. One
of my regulars was WEMP-1250-WI with Tom Snyder (NBC's Tomorrow Show,
years later). WGIR 610 NH was common as well as WGR 550 NY. Ah, the good
ol' days and what you could do with a 50' longwire. Seward had just gone
through the 1964 quake and distroyed the 250w station, KIBH 1340. A 50
watter with a longwire was installed on 1490 at the local library. So
not an issue even though I lived  a couple miles from them. They went
off at 10 PM I believe.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.