Re: [IRCA] Synching-up

Carriers would only cancel when of similar amplitude - and the stations
would not be listenable in those areas anyway because of the level of
interference.  Of course this doesn't apply to synchronized stations
with the same audio.

I don't understand the comment "bandwidth of satellite signals would be
inadequate for phase locking".  The concepts of phase and time are
similar. Ten-degree phase error at one megahertz is 1/36-th of a
microsecond. I'd think an atomic frequency standard steered by GPS would
be that good ... and not as expensive as it sounds.  Don't all UHF TV
stations have them?  But we are talking about something too expensive to
retrofit the desperate Mon&Pop AM that can't even afford new tubes.  I
noted an AM in Chase City, VA, recently sold for $51K, about the price
of mid-range Mercedes car.

As for applicability of very accurate frequency control, I'd think the
Class C channels would benefit as much as any.  All of the stations
suffer substantial cochannel QRM at night.

bob c.