Re: [IRCA] unusual programming on 1566

I heard similar programming on Family Radio Taiwan 1557 last season.  In this case it was EE/Chinese, and I have to assume it was done for the reasons mentioned by Bill..  The English phrases were spoken considerably slower than VOA's Special English.  I found it rather painful listening, but Chinese listeners were probably grateful for it (assuming they were trying to learn English).

Bruce

Bill Harms wrote:
I have heard them to just that numerous times in Chinese, Korean, and
Japanese.  They broadcast programs like this to capitalize on
people's desire to learn English so they can "preach the gospel" at
the same time.

Bill Harms