Re: [IRCA] passport if going to Canada

>Per CBC Radio,  US travel in Canada this year is almost
> nil.  I have heard the Canadian government is not happy about the new
> US Passport policy.

Other than the border security issues, there are some other factors
keeping Americans away: the high cost of gas, lingering fear of the 2003
SARS epidemic, resentment of Canada's liberal-leftist politics (Stephen
Harper notwithstanding, though he would barely qualify as a "moderate"
stateside), and the rising exchange rate of the Canadian dollar - now
around 89 cents U.S., down from 90-91 cents earlier this year, giving U.S
visitors less bang for their buck, compared to a couple years ago when the
CAD exchanged for around 65 cents U.S.

I have dual citizenship and have both a U.S. and Canadian passport. I use
the U.S. passport to enter the U.S., and the Canadian one when returning
home.  The U.S. passport has certain advantages such as it's valid for 10
years, compared to only 5 for Canadian passport, but if I was travelling
outside North America it would be the last thing I would want to have on
me!

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON