Re: [IRCA] QSLs

> Pete & Chuck,
>
> I also have the same thing. Reel to reel and cassette tapes of IDs and
> programming going back 35 years or more. I have no idea if they are of
> any value. I mainly do it to have a back up for QSLing. It is easy to
> copy a tape to CD for a follow up. But I have thousands of IDs I am
sure
> through the years.
>
> 73,
>
> Patrick

As I just said about QSLs, I think tapes are only of value to
someone who wants to listen to them (for entertainment,
research, whatever). Historical value !== monetary value.

Will the interest level survive the lifetimes of the present
participants, to the extent that would justify your effort
in preserving them?

The effort should be made to get them into the hands
of others, now, while the interest and understanding
(of DXing issues) is there. Bottom line - will DXing survive?

I am interested in steam-engine technology, in some
sort of distant detached way, but I would certainly not
be scheduling a 1000-mile trip to the car museum
in Dearborn MI just to actually look at them. Not worth it.

And that's a _museum_.     Not some guy's basement.

Ahhh, time to go do something else. We have islamo-
fascism, global warming and oil depletion to think
of.    QSL retention may be farther down the list.

- Bob