Re: [IRCA] QSLs

--- "Patrick Griffith, N0NNK / WPE9HVW" <AM-DXer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Patrick M. said: As Ernie Cooper used to say "QSL's are very nice to
> look through on a rainy day". I think he had about 4500 when he
> passed
> on.
> --------
> Any idea what happened to Ernie's QSLs Patrick? And what will become
> of
> yours when you pass on? I worry about that with my collection which
> is
> quite meager compared to yours. I also have several binders full of
> SW
> band QSLs and paraphenalia dating back to the 60s as well as a
> container
> full of mostly paper broadcasting collectibles. I would hate for all
> of
> that history to end up in the trash when I'm gone.

*** There are a couple of options - one being the ANARC CPRV (
Committee to Preserve Radio Verifications" collection which is now
housed at the University of Maryland in College Park. There are also a
couple of people in NRC who have picked up collections from others
although neither are actively DX'ing now nor inactive in the club
AFAIK.

There were some issues earlier on with availability of the CPRV
collection prior to and shortly after it got to UMD which resulted in
some of the other collections not going there.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID