Re: [IRCA] WHGG-1090

--- Bob Foxworth <rfoxwor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Willis, it might be helpful to try and determine
> whether
> they are intentionally running programming at night
> (as if they had been auth'ed 24hr operation) or,
> whether
> they have some sort of malf'ing automation
> equipment,
> or just a careless operator-on-duty, maybe a
> highschool
> kid.

There are no operators. This isn't the first time.
There likely is no one at the helm and they aren't
paying attention or don't care. They have no night
authoritity. IF they did it would be less than 10
watts.

> What do you hear when they are supposed to be
> signing off? If there is a change in programming at
> their
> sked s/off time, as if they are then picking up a FM
> feed,
> then it sounds like just lack of oversight. (Do they
> even
> have a FM? You might want to listen for clues about
> this,
> as in - why are they even programming at night).

No FM to simulcast. I think it's off the bird.

> However, IF it sounds like they _intend_ to run AM
> allnight,
> you should either verify their authorization to do
> so, or
> else you have a larger issue with which to get the
> attention of the FCC, not to mention WBAL, who are
> probably the only interested bystander in this case
> (not
> you, sorry).
>
> - Bob                     sent 0631 edt

I have friends in the Atlanta FCC office, and they
know about it. Actually they will call them and tell
them what's going on before they GO over there and
give them a nice little pink piece of paper. And if it
continues someone will have to pull out their
checkbook.

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!