Re: [IRCA] Synchros, anyone?

KKOB / 770 in Albuquerque has had a synchro in Santa Fe for many years.
It only operates when the main site is on night pattern. When the
Albuquerque site switches to directional coverage at night to protect
New York, nearby Santa Fe is left in the null. The synchro uses a 230
watt transmitter, located near the center of Santa Fe, to provide
coverage in that community. The call sign of the synchro is KKOB-AM1.

According to CE Mike Langner, in 2003 I became the first person to ever
QSL the synchro. I did this by parking near the synchro antenna as
sunset approached and listening with a radio with no antenna so that I
couldn't hear the Albuquerque transmitter. When the synchro came on I
was close enough to receive it with no antenna.
-------

The subject of synchro LP AM transmitters came up in between me and
John, K9KFL.
I tried to think of a current operation.
Does anyone in IRCA land know of one?

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/

perinteisin tavoin. Tai teettää sellainen. Hei IJL; markkinarakoa
löytyy variable output non-qrm verkkolaitteille...
JSA