Re: [IRCA] Fw: [RT] AM Station Patterns on USA Map

Re: [IRCA] Fw: [RT] AM Station Patterns on USA Map

> BCMap is equally nice and easy to use. Plus, it's free and electronic
which
> makes me happy as the less stuff I have to cart around on DXpeditions, the
> better. No more paper pattern books for me.

I'm about to subscribe to the 100000watt site.  I'm hearing that it's better
than the printed logbooks or the FCC site.  The printed book gets out of
date, and the FCC site has it's problems.  I don't foresee any need to buy
either a pattern book or a logbook ever again.

What will be really cool is the next generation of iPod.  One with WiFi or
3G internet ability.  The ability to store up to 60gb of stuff even right
now is amazing.

It's only a matter of short time before internet over cell phone becomes
practical everywhere.  Right now about all of where I usually go has 3G
coverage.  Verizon and Sprint both have portable high speed access.  Carry a
laptop, and you can capture audio with Total Recorder, and access databases
and web sites.  Listen to streams to get //'s.  IM and DX chat in real time.
Amazing!

Printed stuff is dead, the way I see it.  Even the specialty logs are
available in PDF format, and are either free or donation-ware.  I can't see
anyone really buying printed material for DXing any more with the much
better options available.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI