[IRCA] High flying DXers spook U.S. defense system...

[IRCA] High flying DXers spook U.S. defense system...

Okay - maybe not.

World-class MW Dxer, Pilot and travelling doctor, Walter Salmaniw
and co-pilot and Extreme-DXer Nick Hall-Patch
punched through American airspace in their rental
Cessna 172 for about  90 seconds
on Saturday over the San Juan Islands...
An American World Class DXer (who shall remain nameless for the
moment) living on Orcas Island dove for his
camera and grabbed some fabulous snaps
of the "slightly off course" Canuck plane.

Rumour has it, he was heard to yell at the close-flying
plane: "You lousy Canucks! Get out of my airspace before you
clip my K9AY! I am calling Homeland security!"

Okay - so none of this happened quite like this.
The pilot was cleared in advance to pass into
American airspace -- flight-plan. Everyone has a flight-plan.

If you look at the picture of the plane on www.dxer.ca
you will agree, if you want your antenna to perform,
you will need to give it some air!

Colin Newell - www.dxer.ca
--
Colin Newell