[IRCA] An interesting post from the radio-tech list

[IRCA] An interesting post from the radio-tech list

Here's a recent post from the radio-tech list:

AM DXing still brings me enjoyment. However, as a station chief many
years ago in Mississippi, it was more problematic. A few high and
mighty DX "experts" declared a jihad against our station first
complaining in print in a DX magazine that our station did not reduce
power at sunset on a handful of dates. Then they began sending
letters and making phone calls the the Commission.  The GM and I
compared their complaints for time and date to our xmtr logs and
found we were in compliance, yet these 2 DXers continued to harrass
our GM and even our owner. It was our secretary (a Florida State
grad) that noted these "DX experts" were in a part of Florida that
was just inisde the Eastern time zone, while the Magnolia state is
in  the Central time zone. And their figures were exactly one hour
off...... A quick letter to these "experts" and to the magazine
publisher from our station's attorney quelled the phone calls and
triggered an in print apology from the magazine. Never heard a word
from the Commission. I guess that shows how much clout they

Chuck