[IRCA] WAMG

A few weeks ago I heard from someone associated with WBIX (which diplexes
with WAMG at night) that WAMG was running at reduced power during the day
because of some then still undiagnosed transmitter problem. Last week, the
FCC granted WAMG's application to increase night power to 6 kW, modify the
night pattern, and make very minor changes to the day pattern. So it's
conceivable, though highly unlikely, that the reduced-power operation you
heard was related to the CP. All I can tell you is that WAMG was coming in
unusually well here before local sunrise this morning, but the day and night
signal strengths here are high enough that I can't reliably tell whether
WAMG is on day or night pattern/power. There was no WLS underneath, but that
proves nothing.

Given all the rumors floating around about management problems at WAMG, I
won't believe that WAMG is going to build its new night facilities until the
improved signal is on the air. It will be a real shame if they don't build
it, but delivery time on a new night phasor is probably so long that it
could be several years before WAMG has anything to test and proof.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@xxxxxxx
eFax 707-215-6367