Re: [IRCA] WTBQ 1110 on late ?

Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wondered why that call didn't ring a bell... I see now that WUHN
> changed
> calls to WUPE just a week ago. Whatever the call, they habitually
> stay on
> an hour or two past sunset, so it was likely them that Tom heard.

*** Which they're legally entitled to do under a PSSA, but 2 hours is
the max.

Russ Edmunds

Russ,

I don't think WBT would allow anyone to have a PSSA on that channel. It's a semi clear, and PSSA and PSRA allocations are for 500 watts max, and I've only seen them on a regional frequency.  Bay Minette AL has in the past been a very frequent violator, and has gotten many notices from the FCC. Fred at the Atlanta office called me once asking ME if I had a better address  as their NAL got returned as undeliverable. And that station has never honored their critical hours alllocation. So I doubt  given that that AL station had a critical hours power level, I'm reasonably certain there's no post sunset authorization.

Powell W4OPW

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!