Re: [IRCA] WSCR IBOC ruining reception of local WCBM

--- Bill Harms <wharms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You are right, but this is something I can not understand. Ultimately
>
> what happens on the bench or the field meter is not as important as
> what the listener actually hears.  One of the problems with IBOC is
> there are conditions which occur that are out of the control of
> testing. This has been covered elsewhere. Examples of this are
> imperfect receivers, directional antenna (and non-linearities),
> engine noise, nigthttime skip, multipath signals, etc.  These things
> will let digital signals and hiss through despite the most ideal set
> up. Analog signals on AM are more forgiving.

*** That's what happens when the science gets skewed by the money and
politics. Or maybe you'd call it the end justifying the means. Either
way I doubt there's much in the way of objectivity going on the the
background. It's all about pushing IBOC no matter what.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID