Re: [IRCA] WSCR IBOC ruining reception of local WCBM

Re: [IRCA] WSCR IBOC ruining reception of local WCBM

It would not at all surprise me to learn that this is an
intentional test. No, I am NOT saying that it IS intentional,
but only that there must be some jockeying going on behind
the scenes to get some night time data. NAB is coming up
in a few weeks and I have no doubt that the IBOC/HD
cheerleaders are salivating at the prospect of the FCC
issuing a night time authorization, timed to coincide with
the NAB publicity and maybe a receiver rollout, all at the
same time.

If this is intentional, it could be (1) for "official listeners" to
gather some reception quality data and (2) to see what, if
any complaints, are made from listeners who are not part
of this process. Although it is not clear to me what kind of
process might exist to gather such "unofficial" complaint
data. And, "data" does not mean "anecdotal data" which
is what DXer reports would be considered. Though it is
certainly possible these lists are being watched to see
what type signals/problems are being reported. (so be
nice).

I thought of this yesterday but did not want to post after
just a single night. Now after hearing it for 2 nights, well, it
is like at 9:02 AM when the second plane hit the WTC,
all the assumptions changed at that moment. I.e.
accidentally leaving it on for one night, not being an
accident after 2 nights. But, you never know.

- Bob                       2348 est