Re: [IRCA] AM down the road..

>>And at this moment, anyone in RI and most of SE MA can get the Verizon or
Sprint mobile wireless.  It's here right now.  I could buy a PCMIA wireless
access card, plug it inot my laptop and route that audio out into my truck
radio auxiliary input.  Now.

Right. In the case of Sprint, for $15/month, you can get unlimited broadband
(600-700 kbps average) access for a cell phone. Even if you don't like the
streaming audio services that are included in the Power Vision bundle, you
still can listening to streams from many other radio stations simply by
visiting their Web sites via the phone's browser and seeing whether they
offer a stream that works with your phone's media player.

Granted, most people probably wouldn't buy a phone and plan just for
streaming radio on the go. But if you already have the hardware and service
for other reasons, it's nice icing on the cake.