Re: [IRCA] Radio Swan and other gastly memories

Re: [IRCA] Radio Swan and other gastly memories

Charlie,

Yes, indeed I remember the Cuban Missille Situation. I was in grade
school and we lived in Seward AK. I was too young to really understand
it all. But I do remember it. My neighbor here was on one of the planes
flying to Cuba to bomb and was told to turn around and head for home.
The guys were upset. They wanted to teach the the Communists a lesson.
To this day, he believes that there would have been no war. The Russians
would have left Cuba.  This guy had 4 tours of duty in Vietnam.
  But getting back to radio, I do wish I could have logged a lot of the
"goodies" from that era. But like many, I was a bit young and new to the
hobby. We did not have the internet either. It was all snail mail and it
took a while to get mail back and forth from AK to the rest of the
country. I remember the TV series mailed back and forth from CA to AK
for our TV shows. The shows were always a week late. We take so much for
grantged today. Instant everything.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.