Re: [IRCA] KHNR-870

Craig,

I wonder if they are 50 KW in reality? I e mailed Dale Park to ask. When
KAIM first moved back to Oahu, they co located with other stations and
had to drop back to 5 KW. But they may have moved out somewhere since
then. Chuck Boehnke used to fill me in on all of that, along with Alan
Roycroft, but both are gone now. Things are different over there. Alan
told me years ago that KZOO 1210 was 5 KW long before it was listed as
such, and KQNG 570 runs 3 KW, not 1 KW. The reason KAIM moved to the
outer island was because they could not get 50 KW from Oahu. Too much RF
in the area.
I do know when KAIM (KHNR) was 50 KW directional before, they came in
well every night. I have heard them once of twice since they moved back
and very poor.  I'll pass along anything I find out.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.