Re: [IRCA] WISN

Pete,

Your points are well taken...but;

1. Greg's comments could hardly be consider "exploring" the issue.
"I take it that Kent isn't going to verify" is a complain, not an
exploration.

2. We do offer to handle QSL chores...and people do commit to things
that despite their best intentions, they cannot complete. I've been guilty
of it and I'm sure everyone else has too.

3. Anyone who'd like to take over the task of calling stations to ask for
DX tests only to hear a horror story about how some hobbyist
wrote letters complaining about the lack of QSL's, reported some
station to the FCC, or complained to their boss about something is
welcome to the job.

I've heard each of those stories from station managers and CE's within
the last year.

We simply have to understand that we are distant listeners who generate
no revenue for the stations we listen to. They cannot reasonably be
too concerned about us or our requests. To put it simply, as my father
liked to say, "beggars can't be choosers".

Is that QSL card really worth potentially upsetting a DX-friendly
guy like Kent Winrich? Not to me it isn't?