Re: [IRCA] Another Boston Acoustics Receptor HD Radio Review

Re: [IRCA] Another Boston Acoustics Receptor HD Radio Review

There's a decent chance the codec does indeed try to plug the hole with the
last good sample or an extrapolation.

Lots of common audio codecs now do this, including the venerable G.711 of
telephone networks, G.729 of VoIP fame, G.728, etc. The usual trigger for
this is when the error correction sees a frame that is so bad it can't
correct it andthrows up its hands. It's then a simple matter to copy the
last good frame and apply any tailoring you wish.

I don't have direct knowledge of whether iBiquity is using this so-called
"error concealment".

End of engineering gobbledygook.

Chuck