Re: [IRCA] Email bouncing

--- Art Blair <artngwen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A former IRCA member who's e-mail address hasn't been taken off the list???
> Art
> Stumped in Folsom, CA

For starters, I need more info; that's the kind of message you'd get if an
address couldn't be resolved. Have you sent something to that address? I
checked [IRCA]'s list of subscribers, and there IS NO user listed at
jyld123x@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; there ARE 3 members on that domain, but none of them
is listed as bouncing. I know of someone who told me they wished to remain
anonymous at all costs with the username part of that address, but I would
think they wouldn't be careless enough to let that message be generated! Now,
it very well could be that jyld123x@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is aliased to another
address, and perhaps that address is subscribed to IRCA and the att.net address
is no longer valid; Risto, would that show up as a bounce? I haven't gotten any
of those messages, but I'm on Yahoo!, and if those type messages are blocked on
here for one reason or another, it wouldn't surprise me. It appears that this
return is happening to a lot of [IRCA] subscribers. All I can say is to
disregard the messages, as they apparently have no meaning other than to the
current mail server ...

Lynn.
Lafayette, LA
Check out the IRCA web site at http://www.ircaonline.org