Re: [IRCA] Tecsun TG33 Indoor MW Active Loop Antenna

Re: [IRCA] Tecsun TG33 Indoor MW Active Loop Antenna

On 2/18/06, Stephen Ponder <n5wbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just saw a reference to the TG33 MW active
loop antenna.  Went to eBay and saw that they
are selling for $16.90 plus $7.90 S/H to the
USA.

Oddly, it looks exactly like my DE31 SW
active antenna, which I use and enjoy very
much.

It is exactly like the DE31, Stephen. I've ordered one and have just got it from mainland China, but I still haven't had the opportunity to try and compare it to my faithful pocket loop by Kiwa.
I assume the TG33 only difference is within its small control box. I must say the DE31 works surprisingly fine on shortwave, even in a noisy environment like mine (see my other message to ABDX). It's highly tunable and directionally selective. I expect to use the TG33 during my business trips (I'm a freelance journalist frequently invited to attend press events in Europe and less frequently nowadays in the US - I visited Houston for a Compaq convention several years ago), since hotel rooms are usually quite shielded and one could always use a loop antenna hanging right on the window.
As soon as I have some informations from the field I'll report about it here.

73s
Andy