Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 780 KNOM

I have to agree with Mike on minimum time for report details. On SWBC,
it's usually easier to get 15-30 minutes worth of info, ostensibly the
station is really interested in knowing that you listened for program
content. In the case of BCB, as Mike said, you may only get 10 seconds,
but if it is specific and unique, that seems to be enough for most
report readers/verifiers. I'm not sure many of those folks are all that
interested in slogging through 30 minutes of details anyway. Plus, they
know that you will not be a regular listener as might be the case for
SWBC. Just my two cents worth.

Jim Pogue
Memphis, TN

I would hate to guess how many reports I sent out with a tiny piece of your stated minimum.  The bottom line when reporting is if you can pin down information that you would not be able to guess at occurring at a specific time.  If you got phone numbers that were NOT station numbers listed on their web site, they likely belong to an advertiser or the subject of a PSA.  If they were doing a show on victims of violence, that may be on their web site, but if you could say that it was a female host or a female guest, or provide some otherwise specific information, a two-minute report could be just the right two minutes.

As an example, back in 1980, KNBR (San Francisco) was off the air but had OC running.  They dropped it for about 10 seconds at TOH, and I was incredibly lucky to have a verbatim ID from WCAW in Charleston WV and their temperature.  That 10 seconds was enough because it was so specific.  I'! d say report it!

Mike