Re: [IRCA] E-DXN

I want to add my 2 cents worth on a couple of Les's comments...

--- Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some are not happy with the idea of "inventory inserts" fearing that
> full power tests will become a thing of the past.

*** I think those folks may be putting the cart before the horse. For
most stations, full power tests running a half hour or more are already
a thing of the past and have been for some time. That's exactly why the
inventory insert concept came about - because fewer and fewer stations
were interested in the other.

I say any test is better than no test, and if it has the sweep tones,
it'll be heard.

> still another group complains
> about the "authenticity" of QSL's unless they come directly from the
station,

*** Here again, QSL's direct from the station are also fast becoming a
thing of the past. Does anyone care to list the number of 'regular'
tests run last year which have not been QSL'ed ? Hint: about half. A
QSL signed by the test arranger or provider is a lot better than none
at all, and I'm not an avid QSL'er - I tape it and most of the time
that's enough for me. Anymore I only QSL on tests.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID