Re: [IRCA] 780 KNOM

At 07:51 AM 2/1/2006, you wrote:
>Mike, Dennis, Neil,
>
>I feel better already, hi.
>I'm pretty sure my other "assorted programming" was KAZM. I
>mentioned Shania Twain, but then I also heard some new stuff, then
>the Eagles etc.  For KNOM, I actually heard two numbers mentioned
>(both for the same Nome location).  I don't know about sending them
>a report. The PSA was sufficient, and your right about being in
>their log, but there really isn't anymore that I could positively
>identify as theirs. My old shortwave days tells me to get a
>half-hour of info., before sending a report!

It helps when they're friendly on the other end - and having met a
whole bunch of KNOM folks, I can say that they're definitely a
friendly group of people up there. Send them what you have, and I'm
sure they can identify it as being them.

Their former CE, Les Brown (who still goes up every spring to do some
work there), is a good friend. He sent me some pictures of the
facility a few years ago, which became a "guest" Tower Site of the
Week: http://www.fybush.com/site-030501.html

I still want to get up there and see the place for myself, someday...

(IRCA Nome 2007? :-))