Re: [IRCA] 1314

> Hearing the same here as well after 06:00.  Reception was really quite good 3 or 4 nights ago, much better than tonight.  I'm listening to it on a >newly acquired RF-590 which seems to outshine the HF-2050, but I don't think it's as good as my 7030+ nor 756 Pro2.  I'm surprised that Colin uses >S-units to describe signal strength on MW.  In my neck of the woods, the entire AM band is so RF-ridden, that it's really impossible to isolate the >signal enough to quantify it, ..

a.) dxing since 1971 - old habits
b.) I am a good 1.5 to 2 km further away
from the powerhouses that you are and
1 km further away than where Nick is..
c.) I am using an ALA100 in a tight loop
that has significantly LESS gain than any of the
wires that Walt or Nick are using, so

I can reduce the levels to something that is meaningful
and I trust me ears..

35 years experience radio listening already! ;-)

Colin in Victoria