From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles A & Leonor L Taylor
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 10:31 AM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] Pocket "Blueberry" type of device

Most of you know by now I got cancer back in California and moved back here for treatment. Well, I got treated all right. Chemotherapy was OK. Only a period of nausea of an hour or so two days after commencing treatment.  Otherwise, walk in/walk out with no effect.

Well, in killing my tumor they tried to kill me too. The radiation therapy fried parts of my throat. It can be fixed. But got a way to go before I get up funds and courage to let the medical folks get at me again.

NOT BEING ABLE TO TALK HAS ITS DISADVANTAGES. Most people would suspect that to be true. Without writing instrument at hand, I have to communicate by hand language and what not.

Here's why I'm going to IRCA.

Regardless the subject, IRCA folks know something about everything. Always somewhere can give a direct answer or point someone in the right direction.

Here's my question:

There is a product on the market similar to the "Blackberry" that is small enough for the pocket, has a mini keyboard and an LQD display that can be backlit. Feller like me can type in something, e.g. "My pants are on fire and can you call 911 and have the local volunteer fire company come quick and drown me so I don't hurt no more."

What is/are the names of the devices and who manufactures them?

Very, very grateful.

Charles