Re: [IRCA] ISP Help

--- Tim Kridel <tkridel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I get spam primarily from two sources:
>
> 1) My ARRL address. Spammers have figured out how to run through all
> possible callsigns. Ridiculously cheap Rolex watches, pleas from
> widows of
> Nigerian generals, penis enlargement . . . You name it, and ARRL
> members get
> it.

*** Not just ARRL. I get as many addressed to sequential calls for
Yahoo; or on my other former email.

But actually the second biggest ( former ) source was when I signed on
to AMFMTVDX. Apparently qth.net is heavily scanned by spammers for
addresses. But not to single that one out completely, they all target
common list servers, and other sources.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]