[IRCA] CO TP Report 10/25/18 Best This Season!

--- Begin Message ---
A nice TP morning in CO! I listened from 1031 to 1322. LSR at 1321. JOIB and HLCA still going strong at LSR. I did multiple A vs B comparisons between the NW Corner-Fed loop (~300 degrees) and the W Single KAZ (~260 degrees). The KAZ was clearly the superior antenna. JOIB had an interesting news item on issues Japan is having with intellectual property in EE. With the KAZ it was perfectly listenable at armchair level. With the NE Corner-fed loop lower signal strengths allowed me to discern a female was speaking in EE and that was it. Some of the other weaker Chinese signals, slightly above threshold levels were only heard on the W KAZ.Â
594 JOAK fair w/male and female in JJ
693 JOAB good w/male and female in JJ, musical interludes, what sounded like chanting, Buddhist perhaps??
738 poss. China, HLKG or BEL2 very weak w/female in what sounded like CC
747 JOIB very good to armchair w/male and female in JJ, later into EE news item on Japan's issues with intellectual property violations, revenue loss, etc...
774 JOUB good w/male in JJ
828 JOBB weak to fair w/male in JJ, poss. anthem mx
837 poss. CNR5 very weak w/female singing in what sounded like CC
972 HLCA good to very good w/male in KK (I think)
1134 poss. HLKC weak w/male and female in KK (I think)
1143 poss. BEL3 faint to weak w/mumbly speech w/echo or on PA system
1566 HLAZ weak w/male speaking
I took a quick listen for TAs last night resulting in 252 weak w/ male in FF, het on 531 on the NE Corner-fed loop.
I agree with Walt about how much fun although I can only imagine what a blast the PNW DXers are having! It sounds like Kaz and Tim are also cashing in big time with some awesome DX catches!
I'll be putting up a N aimed flag or corner-fed loop very soon.
73 and Best of DX,
Craig BarnesWheat Ridge, COElad FDM-S2, W Kaz w/Vactrol, NW Corner-fed loop, NE Corner-fed loop, Quantum PhaserÂ

--- End Message ---