Re: [IRCA] TA's TA's TA's - WC

Things have calmed down a bit, so here's a look at the wreckage from this location in Victoria. There might be a bit more if I can find time to poke around in the recordings. Missed 531, always seemed to hit it as mumbling deteriorated to carrier.

1386 was/is probably the kingpin this evening, many peaks with almost readable Russian languages. ID'd with NHK World theme music at 0331UT, same as what is used for the NHK2 Portuguese broadcasts.

1107 0403UT had traces of audio, could have been man in Spanish, but not enough to tie to the RNE5 webstream...

909 brief run of woman talking 0418UT

855 man possibly Spanish 0311UT

1179 pop vocal 0314UT. At 0338UT woman talking, with only brief delay on Romania Actualitate web stream

864 Quranic chanting 0349UT, very poor, likely Egypt.

1215 pop music fair  0351UT, Absolute likely

1053 R. Iaci Romania pop // webstream 0355UT

1089 man talking English? 0309UT and other times

Crazy business; good preparation for Walt going to PEI...

best wishes,

Nick

At 04:00 2018-10-24, R. Colin Newell wrote:

Counted 28 carriers - maybe 5 of them delivering poor to very poor audio.

Colin Newell - Victoria - B.C. CANADA -

> On Oct 23, 2018, at 8:48 PM, Volodya S <canswl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Yes, plenty of carriers, but for me, mostly too weak for audio, and the
> ones I am hearing are very low modulation.  Still, not complaining after
> missing the fun a week or two ago!   I need to review the best software
> settings on the Perseus.  Please, experts out there, mind reviewing the
> "best" software settings to use (AGC, etc).   73,   Walt
>> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 3:44 AM Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> 1179 Romania here in Victoria also, NHK World
>> theme on 1386 for their Russian program,
>>
>> Fair number of other audios, mostly pretty weak.
>>

>> At 03:01 2018-10-24, Nigel Pimblett wrote:
>>
>>> Been hearing Egypt here at times also
>>> Walt.Ã?  Also had Syria on 783 earlier, and right now Romania on 1152 and
>> 1179.
>>>
>>> 73,

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC