[IRCA] October 21st - the Thunder from Down-under West Coast DU - Victoria

Listened from 1315 on -- through to sunrise - and in an incredible
turn-around that took mere minutes, the dial flipped from the "Rising Sun"
to the "Outback" in a handful of heart-beats... around 1335 to be exact...

UTC  KHZ  STATION  COMMENTS
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1321 585  JOPG Hokkaido // NHK1 // to 594 and 666 Khz with Japanese
1326 819  KCBS DPRK - Stirring Korean chorale followed by strident YL rant
1341 576  UNID - EE Murmurs - back at 1400 UTC with "5-6"-pips and
announcements
*1347 531  ABC? Bouncy and danceable music - felt // to 567 Khz (stress on
felt...) with Beatles "Let it be" at 1350 - back at 1406 with EE OM.*
1352 675  RNZ (t) - deeply earnest and husky YL whispers between Piano solo
tracks - quite good levels at times
1401 756 RNZ (t) - EE News by YL delivered in the most sincere style -
almost imagine her tapping ash from a thin cigarette into a brass ash tray
while she adjusts her horn rimmed glasses.
1403 774 3LO ABC Melbourne - EE News as read by OM - feeling somewhat // to
837 (might have been a flight of fancy...)
1407 567 EE YL lady with some mighty succinct diction - assuming RNZ by the
immediate flow of EE around adjacent split channels.
1408 594 3WV Horsham AUS (t) EE OM in Harris-tweed "At 'four-deen minutes
past the hour we'll..." pretty solidly // to 612 Khz. Ripper.
1410 585 UNID ABC - Deadly serious DU YL
1411 765 UNID DU sounding EE OM without the slightly hint of
disingenuousness... cannot say I've ever heard DU audio here.
1413 774 ABC 3LO Melbourne - EE YL/OM slightly more informal interview - at
really good levels.
1414 828 ABC (t) EE Chat during a couple of passes - easy // 774 Khz at
1417 UTC
*1420 540 ABC(t) EE Chat which "felt" (see note above about "Felt") // to
774 Khz - a very maybe - with very similar back/forth huffy-puffy OM-YL
cadence.*
1422 612 ABC 4QR Brisbane - "BrisVegas" wins the round this AM with the
level best belly busting signal - could have heard this on a crystal or
regenerative receiver. Boom!
1426 1017 A3Z (t) OM in Island language - the only really clear Island
signal this morning (if we discount the big open carrier on 1098 khz)

Technical Note: I have a really stubborn and annoying point-source
noise/buzz that ruins the bottom 50 khz of the medium wave band that I have
discovered my Misek|Lankford|Ratzlaff Phaser can handily notch out leaving
the DX a clear window - very, very helpful.

*DRAKE R8 - WEST FLAG - 80 to 10 ENDFED By MyAntennas.Com that is largely
Omni-directional BUT may influence my West Flag some.*

https://youtu.be/_twwG0TfiEg  40s Video of 612 Khz Brisbane -

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -