Re: [IRCA] 882.10 kHz

Dennis

We've heard something just above 882 several times at Grayland but never nailed it down.  Opera and and off freq transmitter suggests North Korea or maybe a Chinese station, even though your antenna wasn't pointing that way.  I doubt if it's NZ, since they're contemporary Christian programming and should have better freq control.  It wouldn't hurt to check a NK SW // (2850 etc) if you hear it again, even though 882 is one of the rarer NK stations in these parts.

Bruce

vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

882.10 kHz heard weak audio, woman singing opera.  Fair carrier, 1015 UTC  Faded out  1025 UTC.  EWE antenna aimed SW 200 degrees.  11-25-05

Dennis Vroom
Vamcouver, WA
JRC 545
50' EWE SW
5' PVC loop

_______________________________________________ IRCA mailing list IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://arizona.hard-core-dx.com/mailman/listinfo/irca Opinions expressed in messages on this mailing list are those of the original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org To Post a message: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx