Re: [IRCA] 1710 oldies

On 2018-02-21, at 8:13 AM, Brett Saylor wrote:

> That oldies station on 1710 was heard here in central PA yesterday between
> 6-7pm EST. Signed off with a singing jingle at 7:05pm. Best on the
> south-pointed loop, but I'm not convinced that it's actually in that
> direction - it could be that loop rejects the QRM from the Hudson NJ TIS
> better.  Also heard at the same time on a Wash DC-area SDR with equal or
> better signals. Long fades on both radios.
>
> I've heard reports of it being heard well on a western-PA SDR too.
>
> Brett Saylor

Brett…I've had it 2 Nights in a row here in London, Ontario using an EAST/WEST Wellbrook ALA-1530 LNP Loop. Never hear any talk or IDs…Just continuous Oldies Music….

1710  UNID  PIRATE    UNID Location    Feb/18/18  1806 EST      EE   POOR-FAIR
Oldies Music from 1806 EST. "Runaround Sue" by Dion. Signal in/out but peaking at S-5 at times.
More Oldies 1814-1819. "I Hear you knocking" by Dave Edmunds @ 1816-19.
Still in/out @ 1830 with Oldies. NO Talk and NO IDS.

Thanks for Tip from Tim Tromp of Michigan

ROSS, ON.