[IRCA] Six ways that Chinese stations ID

A third attempt at my once-again blocked mailings to IRCA (starting to get incredibly tired of this); please note I've modified the link in an attempt to remedy this annoyance.

I'd like to share this file, which was adapted from my original Facebook post about six different ways Chinese stations ID and what each means, along with some audio examples. It was based upon a question I had received about non-standard IDs. I decided to procrastinate the important things in life to throw this together and share it.

Because I'm starting to think my mails are being blocked due to including a link, the link has added spaces in it. Delete these spaces before trying to follow the link:

http:// www.beaglebass .com/ dx/ audio/ seoul/ ID/ Identifying_Mandarin. pdf

Much of the content of the eight audio clips are transcribed in Chinese characters, pinyin, and English translations to make more sense out of it.

Perhaps next time you catch a Chinese station that no longer gives that standard government-issued top-of-hour ID, you'll be able to add it to your logs without any help!

-Chris Kadlec