[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, January 6-12, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire. FRG-7 is no longer in use.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page66
[over 276,000 views! as of January 12, 2018]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1210, Jan 6 at 0104 UT, KGYN Guymon is blasting in obviously on day pattern failing to protect Philadelphia, ``The Big Talker, 1210 KGYN``. I try nulling it and from right angle can hear a list of stations in the Rio Grande Valley, obviously the network including KUBR San Juan whose night pattern is supposed to have tight major lobe toward its west; and cardioid null toward WPHT in daytime (??), per NRC Pattern Book. I thought these might be reversed, but confirmed as such in FCC AM Query. In any event, we should not be getting so much signal from either station; together they make a heavy 160/minute SAH = 2.67 Hz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 840, Jan 12 at 1400 UT, KTIC ID with temp minus 4, and ``Classic Country 98.3`` with translator call I don`t copy; NRC AM Log had it as K252EG West Point NE and slogan as ``Rural Radio``. The latter applies to a bunch of Nebraska stations including KRVN 880 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1067 & 1093 peaks, Jan 7 at 0232 UT, IBOC noise is back out of 1080 KRLD. Mark Sills in Dallas had welcomed its absence during December. DXers hope that CBS disposing of stations to Entercom would also lead to the end of IBOC upon them (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1120, Jan 7 at 0227 UT, KMOX interviewing conductor Leonard Slatkin about the classical music world, surprisingly. Show is `KMOX Profiles` at 01-03 UT Sundays, followed by the classic rock show deviating from news/talk, `Route 66 on KMOX with Johnny Rabbitt`, UT Sundays 03-07 per sked:
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/kmox-programming-schedule/
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1210, Jan 12 at 1405 UT, Huron ads following ABC News, i.e. KOKK in SD; temps -5 F, windchill -24. Over KGYN OK easily nulled (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1710 kHz, Jan 12 at 0706 UT, soft strumming guitar music, some pirate other than BÃton Rouge LA? 0710 UT announcement sounds like Spanish, and I hear a ``siete`` mentioned, perhaps referring to their FM frequency (not really busted and off?). By 0718 UT voice changes to something more strident, which would be the usual gospel huxter from Radio RetÃn lo que Tienes. Certainly holding on to what they`ve got, legal or not (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1810 kHz, Jan 11 at 0049, JBA carrier, seems to be pulsing a bit. Tnx to Don Moman for forwarding a current Topband thread about this, IDed as WKYW, Frankfort KY, 1490 kHz, oldies format, somehow radiating in the 160m hamband, with many hams on the case, hearing it much stronger all over east America (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) Another thread figured it was someone relaying this station, and it was gone in an hour or so

--- End Message ---