Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 01:36:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary DeBock <d1028gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] Top 10 "Flamethrower" TP's in Kona, Hawaii

8)  981  CNR1   Changchun, China  (200 kW)   This was another overwhelming Asian signal after 0800 on most evenings, and was far and away the strongest Chinese station. This thunderous CNR1 theme music was received at 0900 on 12-18  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/0390gk266y2v675chc196nejoe6rqxnw

10)  1134  JOQR   Tokyo, Japan  (100 kW)   The only commercial Japanese station to make this list, its fast-paced programming usually drowned out the KBS co-channel, as at 0945 on 12-20. Stronger than most NHK big guns!

https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/7wbk5ocbzaa5phxz9bnpr6bal4hqlzg7

Honorable Mention:  For technical reasons these two stations missed out on the Top 10. 909-Chinese was UnID (one of many such Chinese stations), and because of some Christmas music may possibly have been the 10 kW Taiwan station. Strong children's chanting in apparent Mandarin was heard at 0956 on 12-18  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/0siovz0ojkty9ocy0gzl40bnfrp7qxpo

1593-CNR1 would have made the list except it could never quite shake off its pesky NHK2 co-channel   https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/eybu72zjipo1zb5gz6qh461cfomjly5s