[IRCA] Nov 6 - Victoria B.C. TP's

1450 - 1505 UTC

Probably the best conditions in the last couple of weeks - which is not
saying much -
But still feeling like something of an upside down season -

Here is a video of one of the stand-outs: Korea on 972 Khz on the W/NW Flag

https://youtu.be/3BBBZ02iSnU

The "sensitive" end of the FLAG is only around 20' away from my neighbours
house so I am kind of at the mercy of what ever wall-wart he has plugged in
AND
he is installing a heat pump in a few weeks SO FINGERS CROSSED that it does
not
become yet another noise source - My neighbour to the NE has a solar array
on his roof that, during the day, blaffs out a huge buzz every 100 khz
between 13 Mhz and 30 Mhz - at night - pretty much all quiet.

Anyway - it was "Fair to at times good" today with audio starting at 558
khz and working up pretty much every "fairly clear" 9 khz split (away from
the splashers...) all the way up to 1593 with an odd gap between 1400 and
1500 khz - the video shows the screen grabs from the Hall-Patch radar.

https://youtu.be/3BBBZ02iSnU

Good audio on all the top tier Japanese NHK stations - lots of tier two
commercial JJ stations
as well as some North Koreans and 2nd tier South Koreans in the mix: 558,
603, 621, 819, 855...

1053 Khz was large but with a combo of Japanese and Korean and no sign of
the jammer whatsoever.

So - curious to see what everyone else heard.

DRAKE R8 - W/NW Flag - remote VACTROL termination control.

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -