Re: [IRCA] PNG X-band beacons

On 15/10/2017 9:20 PM, Volodya S wrote:
Further to studying the excellent resource you mention, Bruce (
worldaerodata.com), it's clear to me that the airport at Ust-Bolsheretsk is
closed.  The NDB is probably used for helicopter traffic now.  All this
discussion re NDBs got me wondering about PNG beacons in the X-band.

There is (or used to be) one such NDB in New Zealand's North Island...'TM' on 1630 kHz at Taumarunui... about 175 miles/280km south of Auckland... on the Main Trunk Line (an "in joke" amongst Kiwis).

I think Gary DeB. has heard KT/Kaitaia on 238 kHz, but that's coastal in the Far North..

TD