From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of d1028gary@xxxxxxxxxxx <d1028gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:20 AM
To: America, Mailing
Subject: [IRCA] 585-2WEB Confirms S9 Reception

David Sharp, programming director of 585-2WEB in Bourke, Australia ("Outback Radio") has confirmed the blowtorch reception of the station yesterday morning at the Rockwork 4 cliff, calling it "the strongest level I've ever heard for TP reception."
https://app.box.com/s/46t2trpbuqw90na4zdrl97v1p9ijuq5l

David is an ex-U.S. DXer and member of our Ultralight Radio Yahoo group. My first contact with him was in 2010, when I was complaining on the Ultralight list about "the dumb Australian station on 585 that plays rock music but never ID's." He listened to a song in my MP3 and sent me a QSL out of the blue, after checking the station's music log. I promptly "took back" what I had said about the station :-)

Gary DeBock (in Nehalem, OR, USA)

<<< I checked our music log. Definitely 2WEB at the strongest level I've ever heard for TP reception.

Gary- you already have two QSL letters and this is your fourth reception of the station (also a record for a single DXer), let me know if you want another QSL.

2WEB gets almost no reports these days!

73s

David >>>

montreal.kotalampi.com
Your email address: Your name (optional): You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild security, but should prevent others from messing with ...

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America