[IRCA] Alberta TP for 8 August 2017

  First DU audio of the month this morning:

1035	Newstalk ZB	Wellington, NEW ZEALAND
Fair audio for a couple of minutes with a man reading news at 1202. No others with audio, but decent carriers on 702, 756, 882, 1026.

This evening I checked an August 1st recording from my beverage site, and was quite surprised to find 774 JOUB with a fair to good signal just prior to 1100. Solid carriers on 693, 747, and traces of audio on 828. Nick had mentioned it was the best Asian morning of the new season, and apparently that applied here too. That's the earliest ever Asian logging here, beating the old mark by a couple of weeks. This was on a beverage aimed more at Australia, but apparently all the DU DX was being sucked in by all that ferrite on the cliffs of Oregon.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB
Perseus SDR with Wellbrook Phased Array