[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, July 22-27, 2017

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire. FRG-7 is no longer in use.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page60
[over 232,000 views! as of July 28, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 740, Sunday July 23 at 1140 UT, distracted from SRS DXing by an interview on KRMG rather than far-right talkshows; with conductor of an orchestra about their upcoming 10-concert 2017-2018 season, seems like it`s quite creative. Some time references imply however this was recorded circa last February. I figure it`s the Tulsa Symphony --- but no, wrapping up at 1156 UT with AndrÃs Franco, conductor of the Signature Symphony, of which I had never heard, http://www.signaturesymphony.org
on the program `Oklahoma Perspective`. Season theme is ``"From the Heartland: Tulsa Music Connections" as explained:
http://signaturesymphony.org/signature-symphony-at-tcc-announces-2017-2018-season/
Quite affordable too, individual tickets $12, season $60. Makes me wish I were much closer to Tulsa.

The S.S. is part of Tulsa Community College. This motto appears twice on website: ``Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam.`` It looks like Latin, but maybe it`s nonsense? Google can`t translate it all. In segments, comes up with ``just hate tomorrow, protein and antioxidants in poverty and need`` --- huhhh???

Tulsa Symphony, OTOH, emphasizes that it`s ``professional``, now in its twelfth season following the demise of the Tulsa Philharmonic.
https://tulsasymphony.org/
It`s also broadcast on KWTU 88.7, the only one pending on current schedule: ``September 10, 4-6 pm [CDT Sunday = 21-23 UT], Classics Series: The Firebird, Symphony No. 90 (Haydn), Hary Janos Suite (Kodaly), The Firebird Suite (Stravinsky)`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===========

** U S A. 1460, July 24 at 0132 UT, YL speaking calmly in Asian language really stands out --- not Mandarin, but seems tonal, maybe Cantonese, Vietnamese, Cambodian or even Myanmarianese? At the moment atop some CCI in Spanish, maybe still KZUE in OK. Loops about 170/350 degrees on the DX-398, so I bet it is something from the multi-ethnic Houston market. Also makes fast SAH circa 10 Hz with algo. At 0140 UT, language disappears, replaced by Home Depot, Lowe`s ads in English, then ``Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN-Radio at Wrigley Field`` (likely KXPN Kearney NE, 5000/56 watts U1).

Later checking NRC AM Log, the obvious answer: KBRZ, Missouri City TX, 5000/125 U1, but applied for 10000/125 U5. FCC AM Query now does not show any such app. However, KBRZ FCC sunset in July is 0130 UT, so they were a bit late dropping power; August: 0100* UT.

Physical address in Houston, ETHnic format, ``International Language Radio``, per NRC. Radio-locator instead calls it ``Sangeet Radio``,
http://www.sangeetradio.com/
which pretends 95.1 FM is its only frequency, but which is really just a measly translator, K236AR per NRC Log. A.k.a. on website ``No. 1 Desi Hit Music Station``.

Program sked for ``Weekend`` (so Sat & Sun are identical?) shows 6-9 pm [CDT = UT -5] `Zeeshan ON AIR` with the ``RJ``, Zeeshan Ishaq. She(?) is not among the RJs (which means?) in the ``Profiles`` photo gallery. We still don`t know what language this involves, no doubt obvious to the ethnix. ``About Us`` at
http://www.sangeetradio.com/?page_id=10
still does not enlighten us, but says KBRZ caters to all South Asians. So who is Zeeshan Ishaq? Searching on that seemingly unique name gets lots of hits, at least top-10 at linkedin. Adding KBRZ to search gets to this one:

http://zeeshanonair.com/schedule/
indicating it`s a guy who plays Bollywood music, far from what I was hearing. Also linx to his FB
https://www.facebook.com/Zeeshan-On-Air-951-FM-1460-AM-626258387450241/
where it`s clear he is a Pakistani Moslem, backing Azad Kashmir against Indian occupation. So maybe he had this woman guest talking on his show when I heard it, in Punjabi? Urdu? But those are not tonal,  I think.

I don`t find any other ETH stations near here that I might have been hearing; altho there are plenty of SS on 1460 around the country, KBRZ is in fact the only ETH of the 69 North American stations on 1460 in the NRC AM Log 2016-2017. It seems I had not logged KBRZ since August and February 2012, also a bit iffy. Missouri City is on the SW corner of Houston beyond Loop 8 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---