[IRCA] KXXT 1010 AZ caught via nice SSS tonite

[IRCA] KXXT 1010 AZ caught via nice SSS tonite

Decent sunset skip tonite towards desert SW US but not towards Pac NW/Canada
as slightly AU. I started DXing at 1739 CST and allready KTNN 660 was o/u
WFAN without phasing with Navaho chants so I could tell things were
promising. I've been chasing KXXT 1010 all season since they have a
favorable day pattern with 15 KW and finally at 1819 I caught a 602 area
code phone number and a spot for The Phoenix Theatre that I've had on a
couple other Arizonans recently. Things were good early to NM with KKOB 770
simply blasting with BKB in b4 pattern switch and on 810 what sounded like
unneeded KSWV. Also new tonite was Radio Lobo XEER 990 o/u CBW which was not
that strong at 1902. A check of 880 around 1745 to try to relog KHAC had
mostly KJOJ with Vietnamese when WCBS was phased out.

1010 should be a fun frequency as the Phased BOGs take out CFRB/WINS very
nicely leaving a shooting gallery to the west. Normal nighttime dominant is
KSIR but they aren't that strong and many other things can come in. I am
still after KCPW but with 3100 watts CH power they don't seem to make it.

Spent some time on 1060 with KYW phased but was mostly KNLV and some KRCN
and no KDUS which can make it via SSS. Still not a trace of 5 KW KKVV from
Vegas but I'll keep digging.

Over to 710 where I still hunt 50 KW ND daytime KSPN but never anything
positive with WOR phased and XEDP really giving it to KCMO tonite.

KHTK 1140 was in decently around 1855 with WRVA phased out and over to 1120
and what sounded like Vietnamese was behind KMOX and dropped out at 1858:30
either from early switch or a fade. I have logged KZSJ previously and they
get out well for 5 KW day power and would be a good bet for those needing
them who are west of KMOX and can phase them or N or S and can loop them.

73 KAZ Barrington IL