Re: [IRCA] Nova Scotia Log 15 Sep 2016

Hi Michael,

"Idha'at al-Wataniya" (Radio Homeland) ID at 50 seconds, so Morocco. Thank you for the schedule reminder, I have sent a correction to WRTH info.

Best regards,

Mauno

15.9.2016, 14:47, Michael Yule kirjoitti:
Hi all - so I have this log on 612 kHz, below. AA mx, fairly strong, from
0258-0303 UTC. There may be an ID but my ears are not yet accustomed to
picking out AA words and phrases and I have a hard time understanding. I
would normally say Morocco, but they aren't supposed to be on until 0400.
The 2 Saudi stations and the one in Bahrain are all Quranic, so I wouldn't
expect mx and a female announcer. Iraq is too low powered to be plausible.
So that seems to leave Iran and Jordan. I have included a rcdg from 0301:30
to 0303. The music played right through TOH and the announcements start at
0302. If there is anyone that can pick out an ID from this, I'd be really
interested in what it in fact is. I may have heard the word 'Iran' spoken by
the woman, but am not sure.

Thanks very much!

Michael

UNID - 612 kHz, 0258-0303 UTC: AA mx and announcements by a man and then a
woman at 0302. Rcdg starts at 0301:30 UTC.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kenrk58dqgkb3yd/Radio%20-%20UNID%20612%20kHz%2015%
20Sep%202016%20030130%20UTC.mp3?dl=0

Registration info:
http://www.nrcdxas.org