Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 12:37 PM
Subject: [IRCA] TAs SAT nite in SW PA on car radio

Around 1030 EDT on car radio near my QTH in SW PA, strong hets on 909 (presumed GB) & 1179 (presumed Sweden). Normal nightly hets on 1134, 1521.

Is this an extraordinary TA season? I don't remember it being like this (for us inlanders) when I was a heavy DXer in my teens, late-1950s -- early 1960s...?

Fred Schroyer
Freelance Science Writer / Editorial Consultant
955 Sixth Street - Waynesburg, PA 15370
(40 air mis S of Pittsburgh - 20 air mis N of Morgantown, WV)
Home 724-627-8844 - Work 304-599-7830 x 1120
freditor@xxxxxxxxxx