Re: [IRCA] Recent Loggings

I awoke to the pleasant surprise of local KLZ off the air.
--------
I didn't get by there this weekend. But my guess would be that they were
hooking up the new antenna tuning / detuning units that I saw in place
last weekend. These were apparently required to keep the KLZ and KLDC
signals separated as the new KLDC / 810 site is built out on the
existing KLZ site. With the 4 new KLDC towers in the air right in
between the existing KLZ towers I'm surprised more people haven't been
hearing KLZ at night where they usually would not. All of that metal in
close proximity had to affect the KLZ pattern. Of course they will have
to restore KLZ to it's previous parameters before this project is
completed.

Light snow falling this morning here in the Denver area.

Patrick Griffith
Westminster, CO
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/