[IRCA] Off Topic PC printer questions

Hi All,
Doe's anyone out there have one of the newer HP Officejet 7310xi All-in-One printers? My old one, which was similar, was a fairly good envelope printer, but it died. Unfortunately the new one is incredibly slow and besides that, it stops after every envelope and holds it for about 10 seconds before releasing it, so the ink can dry. I know that decreasing the quality will speed it up, which I don't really want to do.  Is there a way to bypass this built-in "ink drying" process?

Thanks for you help and 73- Doug
"DXM hard copy publisher" and envelope printer, hi.