Re: [IRCA] IBOC

On the subject of IBOC, I have been doing some experienting with the R8.
KEX-1190 Portland is IBOC as you know. In using the 4.0 or narrower
filters I find at about 1182 or 1183 khz, I find a bit of an oasis,
where the IBOC noise is less. It is still there along with splatter from
KEX on 1190, but in the very narrow window, I find I can hear
KLAY-Lakewood-1180 a bit better. KLAY still suffers from KEX QRM, but it
is not as bad. The ECSS mode on the upper sideband, I can also hear it,
but it seems to do better in AM. Now on the SPR4, in USB the 2.4 filter,
I can hear KLAY fair. If I had my Northern beverage back up, I am sure
KLAY would be better. I checked out the Sanserino Loop which I rarely
use a loop, but nulling KEX, I can also hear KLAY, but again there is
still some noise. KEX also "may?" have lowered the IBOC hash a bit too,
as it seems a bit less noisy.

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin