Re: [IRCA] ART BLAIR: East Carolina University Pirates

Art Blair wrote:

>Charlie, Don't understand.
>Give me a hint son.
>Art...

Art daddy,

Jeeze. That's very good answer. There maybe be another list lurking here.

East Carolina University, a leading medical school, has a football team
or maybe basketball team named the "Pirates." That's after the infamous
pirate Blackbeard who operated on the east coast a few years back.

He's dead now, so some people have no further use for him. (Mark Twain)

Anyway, at least WGHB-1250 Farmville/Greenville (NC) is on the Pirate's
radio network. Just what other stations are on this "network" I dare not
guess, because ECU Pirates are like NASCAR, they're akin to a to a
religion around here.

WNCT-1070 is another one on the network.

When WNCT-1070 was XENCT, they still cut away from SS for Pirates games.
Why? Maybe contractual obligations, I don't know. No matter what format
or language WNCT's Spasm of the Month is, they still carry Pirates games.

I honestly don't know whether Pirates are a FB or a BB team. That makes
me lower than ameoba or pond scum, I guess. Some people's parents just
didn't raise them right....Except MY daddy would have listened to the
Pirates and my total disinterest in sports (except maybe baseball)
bothered him. Thought me abnormal.

Danged. He may have had something there...

ANYWAY, do you want me to look into the Pirates and see if there is a
list or network brewing there?

Back to you, Art.

Your Loving Son,

Charlie