Re: [IRCA] For you transmitter site freaks

Google's high-res images seem to be reserved for larger metros. I wanted to get a high-res of Columbia, Mo., but when I tried to zoom all the way in, I got the same message. Maybe they'll expand over time.

From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles A & Leonor L Taylor
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 7:54 AM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] For you transmitter site freaks

Dennis,

I tried to look high-resolution at Grifton (NC) where we really live (Greenville is to make it easy to locate us on the roadmap)
and the site indicated high-res maps were not available for Greenville and surrounding area. I was astounded, hugely dis-
appointed, stunned, and actually puzzled over it for 90 seconds or so. I would suppose if satellite photos are not
available for that day, Google would rerun yesterday's. Or something like that.

Remember the Terramax (or something) site that was based on USSR high-res photos? I suppose it's still there.
Naturally, I had to see if our house was visible, and it was. I felt so important. Didn't show our garage, though, which
leads me to think that KGB was slouching. If the USSR wanted to be secure, it would had to have photographed our
garage. Who knows? We could have secretly built an ICBM out of Heathkit stuff in there.

Or an ICBM bunker which secretly housed a moonshine still. If there were a marijuana-growing facility in there,
Grifton Police Department would have like to know. If this were Berkeley, the marijuana facility would have been
OK, but the missile wouldn't.

73 from The Main Lines,

Cholly

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I haven't had any spare time recently to play with it much but I will someday soon. My wife told me about it.